Donuts with Blueberry Maple SyrupBack to all recipes
- 1 ½ cups maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cubed small
- 1 cup whole milk
Make the Sauce
- Add the maple syrup, water, and the blueberries to a wide saucepan and bring to a boil.
- While the syrup is heating, make the batter.
Make the Batter
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and the salt and mix well. Pinch in the butter then slowly mix in the milk with a fork.
- Using a soup spoon, drop spoonful of the dough into the simmering syrup being careful not to overcrowd the pot as the dough will puff and expand.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 15-20 minutes until the dough has puffed.
- Place the puffed dough into a serving bowl and ladle over some of the blueberry syrup.