- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¾ cups whole milk, room temperature
- 2 L vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and raisins and mix well.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the melted butter and the milk until the dough begins to form.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until the dough fully comes together. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the oil for frying. Put the vegetable oil into a large pot and heat to 350°F. While the oil is heating, roll the donuts.
- Divide the dough into 12 even pieces and roll them between your hands to form balls.
- Fry the balls for 3-4 minutes, turning them halfway through, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the warm donuts and serve.