Venison TartareBack to all recipes
- 2 L vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 large yukon potato
- Kosher salt
- 300 g venison meat, tenderloin or striploin
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gherkins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tartufata
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Make the Potato Chips
- Put the vegetable oil into a large pot and heat it to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towel and set aside.
- Using a french mandolin, slice the potatoes on the ridge slicer, rotating the potato to slice the opposite side each time. This will make a crosshatch pattern.
- Drop the potato slices into the hot oil and fry, stirring constantly.
- Once the bubbles stop, fry for another 30 seconds then remove them from the oil, laying them out on the paper towel lined baking sheet. Season with salt.
Make the Tartare
- Cut the venison into small cubes, about ⅛ of an inch, and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Scatter the tartare all over a plate and serve with the potato chips.