- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 2 lbs (1 kg) beaver liver*
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 lb (450 g) butter, softened and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) reduced meat stock
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
*Chicken livers can also be used.
- Season liver with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, heat oil and butter and sear liver until firm but still pink inside. Do not overcook liver. Remove liver from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook onions on low heat until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Using a food processor, reduce all the ingredients into a purée with maple syrup and butter. Season with salt if needed.
- Strain and transfer into jars.
- Mix all the jelly ingredients together. Pour over mousse and allow to set in the refrigerator.