- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) carrots, diced
- ½ cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- ½ cup (125 ml) onion, diced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, picked
- 1 cup (250 ml) pulled meat from a roast chicken
- 4 cups (2 l) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
Spoon dough balls (dumplings)
- 2 cups (500 ml) all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- For the chicken stew, in a saucepan, heat oil and sautée the vegetables.
- Add thyme, chicken and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- For the spoon dough balls, mix everything together. Drop spoonfuls of dough into the simmering stew, cover and cook for 15 minutes.